Saturday 31 March 2012

Hunger Games-Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Review


Hunger Games Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Review

This book is the third and last book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I expected a lot from this book as I have previously read the first and second book in this series and enjoyed them both very much.





Again I found the first few pages of this book quite hard to get into but once the book got started I saw the magic of Suzanne’s writing begin to take a hold of me again. This book definitely shows new sides to both Katniss and Peeta. Once Katniss has shown herself as the symbol of rebellion there is no turning back to the peaceful life for her or her family. It’s a big decision for a teenager to make- even one who has survived the wrath of the Hunger Games twice.

Here is the cover of the book:

The reds and oranges show flames- not just of the war but the flames of burning friendships and relationships too. The feather is from the Mockingjay bird.

This book is mainly about the trials that Katniss is facing after escaping half way through the Quarter Quell Hunger Games. The immediate problem for Katniss is that she has been separated from her supposed partner Peeta.  

Will Katniss chose to be their Mockingjay?

Despite the fact that I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone I would say that to fully grasp the concept and not be put off by any graphic and bloody moments a reader would have to be at least 12 years of age.




Please comment with Grammar and Spelling mistakes so I can correct them. xox

2 comments:

  1. great review
    I would followe your blog but theres no follower button!
    Coul.d you follow mine at

    www.bookblogandstuff.blogspot.com

    Thnx

    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it- I've followed yours now

    ReplyDelete