Sunday 6 May 2012

Glass houses by Rachel Caine Review


Glass houses by Rachel Caine.
This is the first book in the Morganville Vampires Series.
I know that nearly every book that is popular at the moment is a vampire book but I swear that this series is different- so gripping and involving for the reader.
The cover of this book is very intriguing with the dark blue shiny writing and half vampire head. I wanted to read this book from the moment I saw it in the library.
Here is the cover of the book:
The main character in this book is Claire Danvers, an extremely clever college student- in a college that only cares about looks. Monica, the meanest girl in the college has it in for the new girl (Claire). She will do anything in her power to kill Claire.
Claire decides that, in order to protect herself from the dangers of dorm life, she must move out. She discovers the Glass house- a house that is home to 3 older teenagers, Michael (the owner of the house), Eve and Shane. These three people prove to be the most valuable people in protecting Claire’s life during the next few weeks and months. They educate her about vampire ways and give her an insight into Morganville and how to stay safe.
I think this book is excellent as it shows that Vampires can be good as well as bad- many books show vampires to be all bad and evil creatures. I think this teaches an important life lesson- that in every race or group there are going to be the good as well as, unfortunately, the bad people.  My favourite character in this book is Eve as she, from the moment she meets Claire, risks her own safety (and sometimes life) to protect her. I think that this is a really selfless and kind way to act and it makes me admire her.
I would say that this book is brilliant for teenagers as it is in keeping with the trend for vampire books as well as touching upon love. The minimum age for readers of this book should be 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment